Inc 500: VIZIO Tops the Inc 500 List
No. 19 Vizio
Industry: Computers & Electronics
2003 Revenue: $17.3 million
2006 Revenue: $676.6 million
* Ranked No. 1 in the Top Companies in Computers & Electronics
* Ranked No. 2 in the Top Companies in Los Angeles-Long Beach-Santa Ana, CA
* Ranked No. 4 in the Top 100 Companies Intending to Go Public
* Ranked No. 16 in the Top 100 Companies By Dollars of Growth
* Ranked No. 40 in the Top 100 Companies By Revenue
What it does: Manufactures and sells flat-screen, high-definition televisions.
Why it's growing: We're all upgrading to hi-def. The Consumer Electronics Association projects 15.7 million HDTVs will be sold in 2007, up from 2.1 million in 2002. By manufacturing overseas, Vizio is able to offer high-quality TVs at low prices. This fall, the company will begin selling a 52-inch full HD LCD television for less than $2,000.