VIZIO Extends A+E Networks Content Line-up on SmartCast
Addition of HISTORY Vault, A&E Crime Central and Lifetime Movie Club apps to extensive lineup of A+E Networks content for SmartCast users
IRVINE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Millions of VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO) SmartCast® viewers now have access to A+E Networks® subscription streaming apps HISTORY Vault, A&E Crime Central and Lifetime Movie Club – all commercial free. Now millions of SmartCast users can dive into A+E Networks favorites, including:
- HISTORY Vault – Over 3,500 hours of content offering the breadth and depth of The HISTORY Channel’s extensive catalogue, complete with series, specials, and documentaries, including some content only available on HISTORY Vault. Programs include Library documentaries (military history, biographical) and docu-series such as America’s Greatest Feud: The History of the Hatfields and the McCoys, as well aspast seasons of popular series like American Restoration and Ice Road Truckers.
- A&E Crime Central – Over 1,300 hours of content, including exclusives, spanning crime-genre content from A&E, The HISTORY Channel, Lifetime and LMN, including fan-favorite titles like The First 48: Missing Persons, Beyond Scared Straight, and Cold Case Files.
- Lifetime Movie Club (LMC) – Over 300 movies from the Lifetime movie library, including titles like Flowers in the Attic, Death of A Cheerleader and Jodi Arias: Dirty Little Secret.
“VIZIO’s commitment to offer viewers a wide breadth of compelling content and experiences makes expanding A+E on SmartCast a natural fit,” says Katherine Pond, Vice President of Business Development for VIZIO. “With A+E’s entertainment portfolio that tells amazing stories and spans multiple genres, we’re thrilled to be launching these additional A+E apps that are sure to keep the whole family entertained.”
These new A+E subscription apps join the many ad-supported streaming channels available from A+E across VIZIO’S WatchFree+ streaming service, including three channels debuting on the SmartCast platform. With insights powered by VIZIO’s Inscape viewership data, VIZIO and A+E have made available the following single series channels:
- Ax Men – Deep in the woods, these loggers are risking it all! 24/7 non-stop episodes of the hard-hitting series.
- Ice Road Truckers – At the top of the world, there’s a job only a few would dare! 24/7 episodes of the legendary series.
- Modern Marvels – Celebrate the ingenuity and imagination found in the world around us. 24/7 episodes of Modern Marvels, television’s most innovative series.
Additional A+E channels on WatchFree+ include:
- Crime 360 – Step inside the investigation as theories and evidence are brought to life through fantastic CGI visualizations, state-of-the-art 3D laser scanning and 360-degree digital photography.
- Lively Place – Celebrate spirit, passion and positivity through themes that include home improvement, dating and romance, and outdoor enthusiasts.
- Skills + Thrills – Celebrate the American spirit of grit and adventure, featuring fan-favorite reality, nonfiction and competition programming.
- Movie Favorites by Lifetime – Your favorite Lifetime movie favorites.
- Defy TV – Immerse yourself in daring and bold reality TV shows.
- TrueReal – Satisfy your guilty pleasure with big drama from your favorite reality shows.
- Tiny House Nation – Watch the hit shows behind the Tiny Home movement all day, every day, and travel the globe in search of unique tiny homes, 500 square feet or less.
“This integration with VIZIO SmartCast TVs extends the reach of these popular streaming apps and greatly adds to our connected TV footprint, making it easier than ever for our engaged audiences to access their favorite content when, where, and how they want,” said Mark Garner, EVP, Global Content Sales and Business Development, A+E Networks. “We value our relationship with VIZIO and look forward to building new ways for viewers to tune into their favorite library content across our brands.”
HISTORY Vault and A&E Crime Central are each available for $4.99 per month and Lifetime Movie Club is available for $3.99 per month, all found in the app row on the SmartCast Home Screen.
In addition to the A+E Networks streaming apps, VIZIO also provides convenient access to apps like Apple TV+, BET+, Discovery+, Disney+, HBO Max, Hulu, Netflix, Paramount+, Peacock, Prime Video and YouTube TV. SmartCast TVs include built-in support for Apple AirPlay 2 & Chromecast, allowing viewers to stream, control, and share content from their phone, tablet, or laptop directly to the big screen.
Founded and headquartered in Orange County, California, our mission at VIZIO Holding Corp. (NYSE: VZIO) is to deliver immersive entertainment and compelling lifestyle enhancements that make our products the center of the connected home. We are driving the future of televisions through our integrated platform of cutting-edge Smart TVs and powerful SmartCast™ operating system. We also offer a portfolio of innovative sound bars that deliver consumers an elevated audio experience. Our platform gives content providers more ways to distribute their content and advertisers more tools to target and dynamically serve ads.
About A+E Networks
A+E Networks® is a global content company comprised of some of the most popular and culturally-relevant brands in media including A&E®, Lifetime®, HISTORY®, LMN®, FYI®, VICE TV® and Blaze®. A+E Networks’ portfolio extends across platforms and genres, with a scripted production division, A+E Studios™; unscripted production through Six West Media™; independent film unit A&E IndieFilms®; watch apps, games, FAST channels, AVOD, and SVOD initiatives including Lifetime Movie Club and HISTORY Vault; and podcasts such as History This Week, through A+E Digital®; Experiential/branded live events and Ecommerce through A+E Consumer Enterprises®; and branded channels, content distribution and scripted/unscripted co-productions around the world through A+E International®. A+E Networks’ channels and branded programming reach more than 335 million households in over 200 territories in 41 languages. A+E Networks is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst. Follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/aenetworks and Facebook at facebook.com/AENetworks.
Press Contact for VIZIO:
Press Contact for A+E Networks:
Source: VIZIO Holding Corp