Payroll and Benefits Specialist – Irvine, CA
The Payroll and Benefits Specialist will report to the Director of Human Resources. This position is responsible for a variety of job duties, including maintaining daily upkeep of the Human Resources office, assisting employees with requests and questions, overseeing employee benefits, payroll processing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work on special projects relating to employee benefits, compensation, payroll, etc.
• Reconcile benefit bills; medical, dental, vision, flex spending
• Enroll new employees in benefits and maintain benefits; meet with each new hire one on one to explain benefit program, provide instruction on how to complete enrollment forms, work with brokers to enroll; for all locations
• Resolve benefit questions and issues in conjunction with benefit broker; handle full circle benefits administration
• Process payroll semi-monthly
• Data entry into the Payroll system
• Run reports from the Payroll system
• Communicate closely with the finance team to ensure payroll is accurate and internal controls are being followed
• Audit payroll deductions quarterly
• Oversee annual worker’s compensation audit in conjunction with the Director of HR
• Oversee annual 401K audit in conjunction with the Director of HR
• Oversee annual Benefits Open Enrollment in conjunction with Benefits broker
• Develop and propose new employee benefits; ideas for improvement
• Assist with service recognition program
• Submit 401K contributions semi-monthly
• Cover lunch and breaks for receptionist on a daily basis
• Point of contact for employees and managers with the TLO (Time and Labor Online) system; assist with any problems, corrections, etc.
• As part of the Human Resources department, work as a team to coordinate and execute employee events/activities
• Assist as needed in other areas of Human Resources and/or Finance
Required Experience and Skills:
• Previous experience as a Paymaster, HR Coordinator, General Accounting clerk or other similar position
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook), PC based programs
• Previous experience working with an HRIS/Payroll system required
• 2+ years as a Payroll Clerk, Paymaster or Benefits Administrator required
• Professional/polished communicator
• Team player
• EXTREMELY detail oriented and organized
• Enthusiastic and positive
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to catch on quickly and thrive in a very fast paced environment
• Professional demeanor
Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, finance or other related field preferred
• VIZIO offers medical, dental and vision benefits in addition to a 401K program and a quarterly company performance-based bonus for full time employees.
To be considered for a position, applicants need to submit an online VIZIO careers form and post a resume at: http://int.vizio.com/live/careers. Please include compensation history. Due to the volume of resumes received, we only follow up with the most qualified candidates.