Add to Cart:
VIZIO M-Series 42” Class Edge Lit Razor LED™ LCD Smart TV
Add a SquareTrade Protection Plan:Learn More
Covers all normal-use mechanical/electrical failures
Free in-home service for TVs 37" and over
Free shipping for TVs under 37"
100% parts and labor, no deductibles
VIZIO’s M420SL 42” Class Edge Lit Razor LED™ LCD HDTV with VIZIO Internet Apps® puts the best of the web right on your TV. Get instant access to on-demand movies, TV shows, social networking, music, photos and more† at the push of a button on the enhanced 2-sided remote with keyboard. Equipped with built-in WiFi (802.11n), it also boasts 1080p Full HD with Razor LED and 200,000 to 1 DCR for brilliant color and clarity in a razor thin design.
SRS StudioSound HD™ delivers advanced virtual surround sound, and four HDMI® ports connect your home theater, satellite or cable TV and Blu-ray™ Player. This energy saver also meets ENERGY STAR® 5.3 guidelines making it a friend to the environment and your wallet.
VIZIO Internet Apps® (V.I.A.)
Edge Lit Razor LED™
120Hz Effective Refresh Rate
1080P FULL HD
Dynamic Contrast Ratio
SRS StudioSound HD™
† High-speed/Broadband Internet service and access equipment are required and not provided by VIZIO. Additional fees and/or subscriptions required for certain content and services. Applications pictured or described in accompanying documentation may not be available, or may not provide the same functionality, content or services in all areas or as described herein. Applications are subject to future updates and/or modifications without notice.
- Screen Size42” Class
- Screen Size (Diag.)42.00"
- Backlight TypeEdge Lit Razor LED™
- Number of Colors16.7M (8-bit)
- Dynamic Contrast Ratio200,000:1
- Refresh Rate120Hz SPS
- Response Time8 ms
- Viewable Angle (H/V)178° / 178°
- OSD LanguageEnglish, Spanish, French
- SRS StudioSound™Yes
- SRS TruSurround HD™Yes
- SRS TruVolume™Yes
- Speakers/Power Output2 x 10W
- VIA (VIZIO Internet Apps)Yes
- Ambient Light SensorYes
- Built-in Wi-Fi802.11n
- HDMI CECYes
- HDMI ARCYes
- Mercury FreeYes
- Remote ControlEnhanced 2-sided remote with keyboard
- CertificationsCSA, CSA-US, FCC Class B, HDMI v1.4 incl. CEC/ARC, App certificates, Dolby Digital Plus
- ComplianceENERGY STAR®5.3, ATSC Spec A/65, EIA/CEA-766-A, California Energy Commission Auto Shut Down
- HDMI4 (side)
- Component1 (bottom)
- Composite1 (shared with component input)
- PC1 VGA (bottom); DVI via HDMI
- RF Antenna1 (bottom)
- Ethernet1 (bottom)
- USB Ports2 (side)
- Digital Audio Out (SPDIF)1 (bottom)
- Analog Audio Out1 (3.5mm) (bottom)
Energy SavingsEnergy Guide
- Power Consumption51.7W
- Standby Power Consumption<1W
- Energy ComplianceEnergy Star 5.3®
Wall Mount Specifications
- Mount Pattern400mm x 400mm
- Screw SizeM6
- Screw Length20mm
- Screw Pitch1.0
Size and Weight
- Product with Stand Width38.9"
- Product with Stand Height26.7”
- Product with Stand Depth9”
- Product without Stand Width38.9"
- Product without Stand Height24.6"
- Product without Stand Depth1.97”
- Product without Stand Weight30.6 lbs
- Packaging Width46.3”
- Packaging Depth4.3”
- Packaging Height29.3”
- Packaging Dimensions46.3"W x 29.3"H x 4.3"D
- Dimensions with Stand38.9"W x 26.7"H x 9.0"D
- Dimensions without Stand38.9"W x 24.6"H x 2.0"D
Dimensions and Weight
- Product with Stand Weight33.5 lbs
- Product Packaging Weight40.8 lbs
- WarrantyOne Year Parts & Labor. Free Lifetime Technical Support.
|Streaming Video Tips||Download|
|VIZIO Internet Apps Chart||View|
Did You Know?
The user manual is also available directly on your VIZIO TV. To bring up the on-screen manual, please follow these steps:
|How to Correct the No Signal Screen on your VIZIO HDTV||Watch|
|How to Troubleshoot your VIZIO Remote||Watch|
|How to Connect your VIZIO Smart HDTV Wirelessly to the Internet||Watch|