VIZIO Electronic Waste
VIZIO wants to ensure that when our products eventually reach the end of their useful life, they are disposed of responsibly. Multiple states have mandatory recycling and electronic waste takeback requirements. VIZIO is currently utilizing WM Recycle America, LLC, a Waste Management company (“WM”), to assist with VIZIO’s electronic waste recycling and takeback programs.
To see how VIZIO can assist you with the recycling of your products please contact WM:
Call WM toll free at 855-347-3652.
For California customers, please visit: www.erecycle.org
VIZIO is taking action to protect and improve our environment. For some products, VIZIO provides online-only user manuals to reduce our carbon footprint and cut down on paper waste.
Here are other ways we are utilizing greener methods everyday:
- Our HDTV boxes are made from recycled cardboard.
- Our User Manuals are printed with vegetable-based inks.
- We have replaced the foam packing with “egg carton” type packing in
our smaller TVs.
- Our products are RoHS (Reduction of Hazardous Substances) compliant.
- Our LCD panel glass is halogen and arsenic free.
- Narrower bezels and thinner-bodied TVs reduce the amount of oil-based material.
- Smaller TV bodies use less packaging material and reduce the carbon footprint per unit by packing more in a container.