Add to Cart:
VIZIO E-Series 42” Theater 3D™ LCD HDTV with VIZIO Internet Apps®
Add a SquareTrade Protection Plan:Learn More
Covers all normal-use mechanical/electrical failures
Free in-home service for TVs 37" and over
Free shipping for TVs under 37"
100% parts and labor, no deductibles
Bring that intense 3D movie experience home with VIZIO’s 42” Theater 3D™ LCD HDTV. Winner of Popular Science’s Best of What’s New 2011, Theater 3D™ is advanced, flicker-free 3D that’s better and brighter than conventional 3D. With two free pairs of battery-free 3D glasses, this HDTV puts next-generation 3D well within reach.
Its 120Hz refresh rate, 1080p Full HD and 200,000 to 1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio renders both 2D and 3D with superior clarity, color and contrast. This Smart TV also includes VIZIO Internet Apps® and built-in 802.11n WiFi, giving you instant access to on-demand movies, TV shows, social networking, music, photos and more — all at the push of a button on the enhanced 2-sided remote with keyboard.
VIZIO Internet Apps® (V.I.A.)
Theater 3D™ Glasses
Enhanced 2-sided QWERTY Remote
1080P FULL HD
SRS StudioSound HD™
Dynamic Contrast Ratio
Digital Photo Viewing
***USB Flash Drive not included
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION FOR WATCHING 3D CONTENT
You may experience discomfort while watching 3D content. You may feel symptoms of eye strain, vision fatigue, color or depth distortion, motion sickness, nausea, dizziness, disorientation, or other discomforts. If you experience any of these symptoms, stop watching television and take a break for at least thirty minutes before resuming. If the symptoms are severe or continue even after you have stopped watching television, consult a doctor.
Even if you do not experience any of these symptoms, take regular breaks from watching 3D content.
Take care to monitor children’s watching of 3D content. Children (including teenagers) may be more at risk of experiencing discomfort while watching 3D content and less likely to report symptoms. Monitor children’s television viewing and watch for signs of discomfort.
Some viewers may be susceptible to epileptic seizures or strokes when viewing 3D images, even if those conditions have not been previously diagnosed. If you or anyone in your family has a history of seizures or strokes, or if you have any other reason to think you or someone under your supervision may be susceptible to epileptic seizures or strokes, consult a doctor before watching 3D content.
- Screen Size42" Class
- Screen Size (Diag.)42"
- Backlight TypeCCFL
- Number of Colors16.7 million (8-bit)
- Dynamic Contrast Ratio200,000:1
- Effective Refresh Rate120Hz
- Response Time10ms
- Viewable Angle (H/V)178° / 178°
- OSD LanguageEnglish, Spanish, French
- SRS StudioSound™Yes
- SRS TruSurround HD™Yes
- SRS TruVolume™Yes
- Speakers/Power Output2 x 10w
- VIA (VIZIO Internet Apps)Yes
- 3D File Formats SupportedYes
- Smooth MotionYes
- Ambient Light SensorYes
- Built-in Wi-Fi802.11n
- HDMI CECYes
- HDMI ARCYes
- Remote ControlEnhanced 2-sided remote with keyboard
- 3D Glasses2 pairs of VIZIO 3D glasses (1 premium, 1 basic)
- CertificationsCSA, CSA-US, FCC Class B, HDMI V1.4 incl. CEC, ARC
- ComplianceENERGY STAR® 5.3, ATSC Spec A/65, EIA/CEA-766-A, CEC
- HDMI Ports3 (2 rear, 1 side)
- Component1 (rear)
- Composite1 (shared with component input)
- PC1 VGA (rear); DVI via HDMI
- RF Antenna1 (rear)
- Ethernet1 (rear)
- USB Ports2 (side)
- Digital Audio Out (SPDIF)1 (rear)
- Analog Audio Out1 (3.5mm) (rear)
Energy SavingsEnergy Guide
- Power Consumption75.3W
- Standby Power Consumption<1W
- Energy ComplianceENERGY STAR® 5.3
Wall Mount Specifications
- Mount Pattern200mm x 200mm
- Screw SizeM6
- Screw Length18mm
- Screw Pitch1.0
Size and Weight
- Product with Stand Width40.2"
- Product with Stand Height27.6"
- Product with Stand Depth9.0"
- Product without Stand Width40.2"
- Product without Stand Height25.9"
- Product without Stand Depth3.3"
- Product without Stand Weight31.5 lbs
- Packaging Width44.9"
- Packaging Depth32.3"
- Packaging Height6.3"
- Packaging Dimensions44.9"W x 32.3"H x 6.3"D
- Dimensions with Stand40.2"W x 27.6"H x 9.0"D
- Dimensions without Stand40.2"W x 25.9"H x 3.3"D
Dimensions and Weight
- Product with Stand Weight33.2 lbs
- Product Packaging Weight41.2 lbs
- WarrantyOne Year Parts & Labor. Free Lifetime Technical Support.
|Streaming Video Tips||Download|
|VIZIO Internet Apps Chart||View|
Did You Know?
The user manual is also available directly on your VIZIO TV. To bring up the on-screen manual, please follow these steps:
|How to Unbox and Setup your VIZIO HDTV||Watch
Large Size (32" or greater)
Small Size (less than 32")
|How to Swap Out the Stand Assembly on your VIZIO HDTV||Watch|
|How to do a Channel Scan on a VIZIO E-Series HDTV||Watch|
Related Support Videos
|How to Troubleshoot your VIZIO Remote||Watch|
|How to Connect your VIZIO Smart HDTV Wirelessly to the Internet||Watch|
|How to Correct the No Signal Screen on your VIZIO HDTV||Watch|
|How to Power Cycle your VIZIO HDTV||Watch|